This publication is a great resource if you're interested in finding out more about:
- the range of population estimates produced by the ABS
- some of the major uses for these population estimates
- the methods and data used to produce population estimates at the national/state and statistical local area (SLA) levels
- the method used to produce population estimates for customised geography
- components of population growth and of selected sub-populations
- the data sources used to produce population estimates
For additional information on population concepts, see Information Paper: Population Concepts, 2008 (cat. no. 3107.0.55.006).