In order to make sound judgements, it is essential that you are equipped with the knowledge and skills to understand, interpret and evaluate statistical information for research, planning and decision-making purposes.
The ABS provides a range of training courses to develop your statistical skills and to help you make the best use of ABS information. These training courses can assist you to develop your ability to understand statistical concepts; analyse and interpret data; design and develop survey questionnaires; and develop an understanding of labour, demographic and environmental statistics.
ABS training courses offered in 2010, include:
- Turning Data Into Information
- Analysing Survey Data Made Simple
- Basic Survey Design
- Principles of Questionnaire Design
- Making Quality Informed Decisions
- Introduction to ABS Statistics
- Understanding Demographic Data
- Introduction to Labour Statistics
- Valuing Australia's Environment
- Using TableBuilder
- Using ABS DataCubes in SuperTable